Boo! Sharpen your scythe and put on that werewolf mask—SMM is celebrating Halloween.
!!** SMM 2017 Halloween Writing Contest **!! Stitch together a horror story, add a spark of electricity, and then watch your dark creation rise from the dead. If that sounds like fun, dip your raven quill inside a nearby bloodwell. Try not to make a mess: the top 3 winners receive a cash prize!
- Write a bite-sized horror story (or poem): Scribble down a story about a rude poltergeist, or perhaps write about a masked maniac who has a morbid sense of fashion, like wearing people’s faces. Keep it dark…keep it cool…keep it bloody! Don’t feel possessed to write a horror story? Don’t get your tail in a bunch—write a poem about a pumpkin who carves people, or choose your own Halloween inspired topic.
- All stories (or poems) will be published on SMM.
- 3 Random winners receive cash prizes.
- SMM Halloween Horror Writing Contest ends October 15, 2017.
- $5 Entry Fee
How to Enter into the SMM 2017 Halloween Writing Contest
- Locate the tombstone at the bottom of this post. Click on it.
2. The tombstone will transport you to the official SMM PayPal checkout page.
3. Entry cost is $5.00 (credit/debit accepted)
4. Send your Halloween story or poem: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Email subject line: “SMM 2017 Halloween Writing Contest”)
Now is your chance to scare the hell out of everyone, and you could get paid to do it…only a brainless zombie would turn down an offer like that. Your nightmarish creation shall see the light of the day—SlasherMonsterMagazine publishes all contest entries—even if you don’t win a cash prize. SMM Halloween Horror Writing Contest ends October 15, 2017. You retain the rights to your work. Please don’t eat us. Thank you.
SMM 2017 Halloween Cash Prizes
“Master of Pumpkins”: $50 + 1 Free SMM Subscription Month (first place award)
“Vampire Slayer”: $25 (second place award)
“Ghost Summoner”: $15 (third place award)